EV-Recharge System in Korea - Rugged Solution with Wide-temp Support for Extreme Environments
From 2000 onwards, the self-service fuel dispensing market in Korea has grown rapidly with an annual 15% market growth rate. This trend has led the self-service fuel dispensing market into new channels of business such as the EV-Recharge System. The EV-Recharge System is expected to be an emerging market opportunity especially because the Korean government supports its introduction. It is estimated that more than 2,000 devices will be deployed over the next few years and revenues will reach USD 700K.
A leading industrial company in Korea was looking for a Single Board Computer (SBC) that met all the government’s safety requirements. The SBC had to provide 2 years warranty and stay in mass production for more than 5 years. A compact, rugged design with multiple I/O options was required for this project due to limited space considerations and positioning in harsh outdoor environments, so Advantech’s MIO-5251 3.5" MI/O compact SBC was offered to meet their requirements. In addition, the customer wanted to use Advantech’s global warranty and support systems for their international business.
- Wide Temperature Support (-20°C~80°C)
MIO-5251SBC with RAM/mSATA SQF supports operating temperatures between -20°C~80°C and -40°C~85°C for critical environments.
- Flexible Expansion and Rich I/O Options
MIO-5251 is equipped with rich I/O options on ports such as 2 x RS-232 and 2 x RS-232/422/485, and 2 x Giga Ethernet which can connect to several devices such as printers or POS. The customer could also expand I/O ports quickly through the MI/O extension connector to meet any urgent upgrade needs and CPU performance was boosted based on new requirements.
- Dedicated Worldwide & Local Services
Advantech offers a solid worldwide support system and prepares a number of certifications for exporting products globally.
- Intel® Celeron J1900 & Atom™ E3825/E3845, DDR3L-1066/1333MHz SODIMM up to 8GB
- DirectX11, OpenGL3.2, OpenCL1.2, multi-display: VGA+LVDS/eDP+ HDMI/ DP
- Flexible design using integrated multiple I/O: MIOe protects domain knowhow
- 2 x Intel i210 GbE, rich I/O options: 4 x COM, SATA, USB3.0, SMBus/I2C, GPIO full-size Mini PCIe w/ SIM holder, full-size mSATA or SD card
- Supports iManager, WISE-PaaS/RMM and Embedded Software APIs