AGV Robot in China - The Smallest 2.5” SBC with I/O Expansion
Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) are widely used in factories and warehouses to load/unload, move, store, and transport goods and materials around buildings. They are used to replace monotonous tasks which require lots of repetitive movements with little or no human decision making. Over time, they have proven to reduce inefficiencies and injuries often found in logistics operations.
A well-established AGV manufacturer customer in China was looking to design a new state-of the-art AGV vehicle incorporating the smallest form factor, low profile industrial grade computer with multiple I/O ports including 2 x LAN, 4 x USB, 6 x COM, and 2 x CANBus. However, no board vendors could meet their requirements for a low profile Single Board Computer (SBC) with multiple I/O, so Advantech introduced them to their 2.5” Pico-ITX SBC with MIOe extension port for maximum flexibility, which helped them to shorten their development schedule.
MIO-3260 is equipped with an Intel® Atom® E3825 CPU with Intel Gen 7 DirectX®11.1 support, and dual independent displays: 18/24bit LVDS, VGA, DP/HDMI. MIO-3260 is ideal for small systems which need multiple I/O flexibility.
- Expandable with Rich I/O Options
MIO-3260, one of Advantech’s MIO 2.5” Pico-ITX SBC series can expand its I/O quickly and flexibly via the innovative MI/O (Multiple I/O) unified connector. Using the customized MIOe board, MIO-3260 can expand I/O to a total of 2 LAN and 4 x USB.
MIO-3260 complies with the IEC standard for Electro Static Discharge (ESD) protection. The COM port transceiver has 15kV air gap protection and there is 8kV contact protection for RS-232. MIO-3260 was designed with 100% solid capacitors which give better reliability than electrolytic capacitors, and its high Tg PCB value (TG-170) means the PCB is more stable under high temperature operation.
- Embedded Intel® Atom™ E3825 & Celeron® N2930 up to Quad-Core processor design, with DDR3L 1333MHz memory up to 8 GB.
- Intel Gen 7 DirectX®11.1 supports dual independent displays: 18/24-bit LVDS, VGA, DP/HDMI.
- Flexible integrated multiple I/O: MIOe connector protects domain knowhow.
- Intel GbE support, multiple I/O interface with 2 COM, 1 SATA, 4 USB 2.0, GPIO, SMBus, I2C, and MIOe expansion.
- Supports SUSIAccess and Embedded Software APIs.