Real time Monitoring of Sydney Ferries’ Position for Central Information System with Advantech Cellular Router Solution
Industrial Application: Wireless remote monitoring management
Location: Sydney, Australia
Challenges and Requirements
2. Power over Ethernet connection should be available for cameras on the ferry
3. GPS functionality is necessary for NMEA reporting
4. 3G/4G network is required for remote data transmission.
5. Monitoring software is required for remote control and management.
The procdure is outlined as follows:
2. The cellular router collects data and forwards it over the air through 3G/4G carrier service to both the control center and the kiosks at each wharf.
3. Meanwhile, the GPS function on the cellular router allows for real-time location positioning.
4. The control center, being responsible for monitoring multiple ferries, receives on-board and position information from cellular routers on each ferry, converts the raw data into useful passenger information and sends it to each wharf via fiber connection.
5. There are passenger information kiosks at each wharf, displaying real-time ferry location and boarding information on its dashboard.
Features, Advantages, and Benefits
2. Supports 3G/4G network
Secured Software Features
2. Functionality IP tables
3. VPN functionality
4. R-SeeNet monitoring software
1. Strong reputation and commitment to Industry 4.0
2. Proper product recommendations matching customer requirements
3. Site survey services
4. Wireless topology consultancy
5. Years of experience in public transportation
1. Powerful CPU and enhanced memory to support high demand customer applications
2. Extended operational temperature range from -40 °C to +75 °C
3. 10-60 VDC operated with transient and reverse polarity voltage protection
4. Flexible Port options( 3-port Switch, Ethernet and RS232/422/485 serial ports with isolation)
5. GPS, GLONASS ,BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS support
6. MicroSD card holder, In/Out, USB Host
7. Low power consumption mode for solar and battery power applications
8. Optional industrial grade WiFi
9. Optional PoE PSE or PoE PD on ETH0 and ETH1
10. Advanced security features
More Case Studies
Real Time Monitoring of Boiler System in Hospitals, Hotels and Campuses with Advantech Cellular Router Solution
To become a new generation of intelligent enterprise, most managers were looking for a network solution that helps collect data, automatically report operation status, send warning message if abnormal machine behavior occurs and can be managed from a remote control center.