Real Time Monitoring of Boiler System in Hospitals, Hotels and Campuses with Advantech Cellular Router Solution
Market: Machine Automation
Industrial Application: Wireless remote monitoring management
Location: North America and Latin America
Challenges and Requirements
2. There must be USB, Ethernet and serial connections for data acquisition from sensors, and also 3G/4G feature for wireless data transmission.
3. Management need to be able to use a dashboard to visualize the status of the remote cellular routers.
4. Must support alarm notification feature
The procdure is outlined as follows:
2. The cellular router collects data and forwards it over the air through 3G/4G carrier service to both the control center.
3. The control center, being responsible for monitoring multiple boiler sites, receives data sent from cellular routers, converts the raw data into useful operation status and displays it in a visualized format on a dashboard.
4. The system in the control room allows for remote monitoring, remote setting, and alarm notification. When the temperature or pressure value exceeds the threshold, the staff can be notified and take provide proper reactions.
Features, Advantages, and Benefits
Secured Software Features
2. Dashboard display for remote monitoring
3. Alarm notification
Flexible Hardware Design
2. Flash Disk as extra storage
3. Wide operation temperature from -40 to 75oC
2. Proper product recommendations matching customer requirements
3. Site survey services
1. Powerful CPU and enhanced memory to support high demand customer applications
2. Extended operational temperature range from -40 °C to +75 °C
3. 10-60 VDC operated with transient and reverse polarity voltage protection
4. Flexible Port options( 3-port Switch, Ethernet and RS232/422/485 serial ports with isolation)
5. GPS, GLONASS ,BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS support
6. MicroSD card holder, In/Out, USB Host
7. Low power consumption mode for solar and battery power applications
8. Optional industrial grade WiFi
9. Optional PoE PSE or PoE PD on ETH0 and ETH1
10. Advanced security features
More Case Studies
Real time Monitoring of Sydney Ferries’ Position for Central Information System with Advantech Cellular Router Solution
The project manager sought to implement a centralized network system that acquires data on the ferries and wharves one hand, and allows staff to remotely monitor and control all activities in the control room on the other hand.