Protecting Intelligent Automation Systems with Advantech Embedded Security Solution
Introduction and Application Requirements
With the coming of the IOT era, manufacturing has become more and more computerized. Interconnected, 'networked', machines have become the norm, and they provide great convenience and increases in productivity in factories. However, as factory networking increases, there is also an increased security risk from viruses entering through data sharing via the internet or USB memory devices, and consequently an increased need for IT security. Industrial customers face unique new challenges including a wider range of cyber threats than ever before. Any connected device can be a potential target for cyber-attack, and industrial controls are being targeted as they become IP enabled. Industrial customers often lack the resources necessary to respond efficiently to security incidents, and downtime while servers are reinstalled causes major disruptions to manufacturing operations. In addition to malware and virus attacks, industrial customers are also concerned about data security. Industrial customers needed a way to address clear inefficiencies in their backup and recovery regimes.
Advantech leverage Intel® Security and Acronis to provide an embedded security solution that works on industrial equipment. It covers most existing systems; the user does not have to undertake system replacements.
- Whitelist approach provides complete security without affecting system performance.
- This comprehensive solution protects systems against different types of security threats
- Lower operational cost and no manual effort
- Quick and easy system restoration in case of system failure or disaster
- Clone OS/data for redeployment in hours, not days
- Maintains the operation of the production line