Utilizing Advantech’s Industrial Ethernet Solutions to Build a Modern Passenger Boarding Bridge Monitoring System for Guangzhou Baiyun Airport
Industrial Application: Transport Hub
- Compact industrial design, wide operating temperature, and stable operation
- Rapid deployment
- Zero network latency/packet loss
- MODBUS/TCP support
- Rapid troubleshooting and fault identification
Among these system components, the EKI-7710E-2CIs,
which are embedded with Advantech’s unique IXM feature, have improved the airport’s
operational efficiency for future maintenance and upgrading. Their X-ring design
ensures that network transmission is without interruption, thus bolstering the
network reliability of the PBB system. The EKI-5528I unmanaged Ethernet
monitoring switch can help the customers complete the last mile of building an
effective network management infrastructure.
The EKI-1524CI supports a standard serial connection, 10/100 Mbps dual Ethernet, dual power supply, and relay alarms. It also supports Windows and Linux architectures without system protocol binding problems, and it provides a virtual serial port for quickly upgrading traditional networking to a modern architecture for IoT applications. This server is also suitable for use in harsh outdoor environments with its various safety certifications (EMC Level 4 and C1D2), wide operating temperature range (-40~75°C), and five-year global warranty.
- Redundancy with dual network ports; SCADA can obtain data from two sets of network ports via the serial port servers
- Wide input voltage (12~48 VDC), dual-power input, and one-path relay alarm notification; if one power supply fails, the relay will issue an alarm to notify on-site personnel
- Protection against up to 15000 V of electrostatic discharge, thus avoiding electrostatic interference to prevent the server from short circuiting
- Surge protection up to 4000 V; Advantech’s equipment has passed international EMC Level 4 certification.
- Network port polarity isolation protection up to 1500 V and guarantee data loss at the port
- RS-422/485 signal isolation (2000 V) to prevent serial data loss
- C1D2 explosion-proof certification
The EKI-7710E-2CI supports eight fast Ethernet ports and two gigabit port combinations. It provides many ports for connecting equipment, and the embedded Advantech IXM technology facilitates rapid deployment, this saving time and costs for engineers. Meanwhile, WebAccess/NMS provides real-time monitoring support for the entire network, further enabling fault prevention and predictive maintenance. The EKI-7710 series supports Advantech’s redundant network X-Ring technology, building a reliable industrial network with redundant Ethernet and a superfast recovery time of less than 20 ms.
- Eight fast Ethernet ports + two Gigabit Copper/SFP combo ports
- The SFP slot can be used to expand the optical fiber simply and flexibly
- Redundancy: gigabit X-Ring and RSTP/STP(802.1w/1D)
- IXM technology supports rapid deployment
- Security: DHCP snooping, IP source guard, 802.1X, SNMPv3
- Wide operating temperature (-40~75°C)
- 12-48 VDC Redundant power input (12–48 VDC) and one relay output