Building Interconnectional Factories with Advantech Wireless Infrastructure for Nan-Ya Plastics
Market: Factory Automation
Industrial Application: Multi-site wireless infrastructure
Location: Taoyuan, Taiwan
Challenges and Requirements
To become a future-proof, upgrade-ready manufacturer, NYP was determined to use a wireless bridge solution to establish interbuilding connectivity so that the central control room could monitor all data acquired from dozens of PLCs. For this, there are a few requirements and restrictions that required consideration:
- Wi-Fi access points (APs) to be placed on top of each
manufacturing building, all of which ranged from one to seven floors in height.
- Transmission distances ranged from 30 to 500 m.
- High-level wireless signal and device security to
prevent attacks from hackers.
- High IP rating to protect against dust and humidity.
Features, Advantages and Benefits
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi AP/Client
5FE Unmanaged Ethernet Switch
1. Communicates with network management systems via SNMP
2. Wide operating temperature range (40~75°C)
3. Wide power input range (8.4~52.8 VDC)
4. Supports redundant power input (12~48 VDC) and P-Fail relay
1. 1 x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port with RJ45 connector
2. 1 x 100 Mbps multi-mode/single-mode S- type fiber port
3. Supports redundant 12~48 VDC power input
4. DIN rail and panel mount options
5. Supports a wide operating temperature range (-40~75'C)
More to Read
Fieldbus gateways bring seamless conversion between individual industrial protocols and allow the connection of devices with different protocols for diagnosis, analysis, and management.
Intelligent factory connectivity of the future